I don't remember who said that. Probably if I googled it I could find out, but I don't care right now. This post isn't really about joy, or silence, or heralding. It's about making a difference, the right way - the Godly way.
It is the week of our local county fair. I've been really praying for God to use me this week as a minister to the dairy/show community that turns up every year, and that I would be aware of the opportunities to share as they come up. I don't know if I'm just not paying enough attention or what is going on, but I haven't encountered any situations where I felt like I was called to speak or act. Until yesterday that is.
I called in a favor from my brother last night for someone else. I asked him to bring a few bales of hay for a group that had run out. He brought it up and the parent who had asked me to call him never even acknowledged his presence. Never said thank you. Never even looked at him.
I was incensed. They asked me to call him with this favor, and thats they kind of reception they give him? I did mention it to her later, and she gave me $5 for his trouble. But then I found out later that she wasn't too happy and had been talking about me/him. And different members of my family started texting me about how rude that was. I was stuck between feeling the need to defend my friends and protect my brother from their rudeness.
It occured to me that maybe this was one of the opportunities I've been looking for. I was so angry though. I couldn't sleep much last night because I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to turn this situation into a good one. And I've been thinking about it almost nonstop since then. My first (and strongest) instinct was to go in there with both guns blazing. But I did want to make God proud with the way I handled this.
But maybe I'm not supposed to say anything. Maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of this. I did discuss it with a co-worker and we kinda decided that I should say something but that it should be kept positive. Like, "Josiah wasn't looking for money, he just wanted to bless you guys by doing you a favor. He would have really appreciated some kind of acknowledgment, rather than a complete dismissal." I feel peace about this.
But I'm still getting angry just thinking about it. If it was just me I would be ok. But don't mess with my brother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment