Thursday, August 13, 2009

The curse of life

There are many "curses of life" out there, but the one I'm referring to today is this whole idea of not being able to sleep even though you need, want, and have to sleep. It is truely one of the worst curses I've had to endure.

It happened again last night. I was awake way more often than I was asleep. I tried reading, tossing & turning, and thinking. Usually on a particularly bad night (like last night) I'll give up after a few hours and just watch tv. But last night I didn't really want to go downstairs, and since we've got the whole digital tv thing going on now, I can't watch tv in my room anymore. I mean, I guess I could if I could just get around to buying a stinking converter box.

So I'm not sure what I want to write about today. I think I'm just procrastinating on getting to work, possibly because I have so much work to do and I am overwhelmed with where to start.

I had a wonderful ride on my horse last night. First though, I cleaned him up really good. He was spotless, which is saying something when you're dealing with a white horse. We got real good and sweaty while riding, so I thought I'd be nice to him and let him roll around a bit in his pasture when we got back home. I didn't expect him to find the only muddy spot left in the entire pasture to roll in. So my white horse is a disgusting mud color now. Yuck. But he is still terribly cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment