Friday, October 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home



Home can mean so many things to so many people. My mom didn't have a "home" for quite a few of her growing up years. I've lived in the same "home" all of my 25 years. And WNY really is my home. I love traveling to new places and discovering new "homes", but part of going is looking forward to returning again.
I've found many places where I feel at home. Like
when I go there, I become convinced that I could live there forever. And I don't think its a naive conviction either. Romania and Vietnam are the main 2. Actually the only 2 outside of WNY. I spent loads of time away from the tourist hubs in each of these countries, and I am convinced that I really could live in either country.






Today I miss Romania. I miss being there so much that I just want to sit here and cry. Which is strange, as I don't know anyone that lives there and I really only spent time in a small area of the country. But I miss it just the same.


And just like WNY, there are many things I don't miss about Romania. The racism for one. Every time I think about how bad it is here, I try to remind myself that at least its not like Romania. But also just like WNY, there are so many positives. Many more than I can list here.

No comments:

Post a Comment