I like my job. I really do. Some days I have to remind myself of this frequently. Today is one of those days.
I just don't get one of my bosses. Last Friday, a bunch of us grunts were in the hallway chatting when she came in. Her first comment was actually "good morning", but her second comment followed quickly: "Why are you all standing around talking? Are the computers down?" None of us were clocked in. We each have an hour of break time during the day, and I don't recall anyone giving me a specific time that I could take it. So why can't I take it during the day. Actually, we get yelled at for talking too much all the time. We got an e-mail today telling us to stop discussing things amongst ourselves if we're wondering about something and to come to her. Thats kinda funny actually, since when we do come to her she either makes herself unavailable or she'll shoot us down. And I've heard her several times directly imply that someone was either lying or purposely making something up. Its like she feels that we are only here to screw with her life and her perfect office. She doesn't realize how much she screws herself up.
And its a darn good thing that she was lucky enough to become partners with Bob. And she was lucky to hire such great people for me to work with. Cause they're the only reasons I'm still here. She certainly isn't doing anyone any favors around here; that would require being nice, and that is too close to being weak. And we certainly can't admit to a weakness or to being not perfect or to making a mistake. Oh my, that would be bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment