Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do you know?

How do you know when you're supposed to speak truth into someones life, and when you should shut up and let God work?

I feel no regret for what I've done. Only sadness at the possible loss of a good friendship. I asked God what I should do, and upon receiving no answer decided to go ahead and send that e-mail. I'm not sure if I felt peace, but I know I didn't feel anything suggesting that I shouldn't send it. I think the sense of sorrow overcame any peace I might have felt.

Sorrow for what my friend is going through, and what she refuses to admit that she's going through. Sorrow at the comment she made that her prayers hadn't worked, knowing that she is praying to her own version of a god that works like a vending machine. Put your prayer in, and out comes a multitude of blessings. And sorrow at the fact that she isn't willing to put the effort into getting to her own happy ending, which may or may not be considered happy by the worlds standards, but would be by God's standards. Life has been so easy for her, it must be scary to find out that it's not all rose petals and rainbows. I can't understand that kind of easy life since it is not even close to what I've experienced, but I can imagine the struggle to adjust her worldview. To grow up, if you will. And in such a way. Her sorrow is my sorrow.

Did I do the right thing? The idea of God not approving of what I've done, coupled with the loss of a friendship would be too much for me to bear I think. But I couldn't just sit there allowing her family and friends to fill her head with all those lies without giving her some truth. But was it my truth to give?

My heart is breaking. But it will be worth it if God uses what I wrote to wake her up. Even if it doesn't happen right away...I've been learning about patience in my life, and the least I can do is give God the time needed to work a miracle in her life. I'm counting on the fact that God uses all things for good; even my misguided, faulty, and foolish e-mails.

No comments:

Post a Comment